6.1.12

6th January

2012 (aged 45)
Michael's gone to the gym,  the girls to the studio with the-other-Evie's mum. First time I've had the house to myself since school broke up. So what am I going to do? Blog, of course! And listen to the cricket on the radio.
2009 (aged 42)
Alice, at the beach, asks to be buried. Evie: Do you want to go to heaven?
2008 (aged 41)
I ask Alice the 'On the Spot' questions in the Saturday paper.
Guilty pleasure? Splashing in the bath.
Last time you were scared? When there was that big spider in the kitchen. I was shaking.
Happiest moment? When Evie was born, giving Evie her first cuddle. (thinks) Well, that might not be my absolute happiest. But I was happy.
2006 (aged 39)
2005: The year I learned to drive. The year I wrote 'Taste of Lightning.' The year '10th Power' was published.
2001 (aged 34)
2000: WHAT A MASSIVE YEAR!! The year we bought our beautiful little house and moved to Thornbury. The year I got pregnant. Isn't that enough? The year Y2K didn't happen. The year I was on Sale of the Century. The year of Tremaris. The year we changed from JJJ to 3LO. And this year: BABY YEAR...
1997 (aged 30)
Woke up in fantastic mood. Set up a date with A (3pm today). Called the agents (they haven't read it yet). Woke up to Kate Bush on the radio - 'I just know that something good is going to happen...'
1996 (aged 29)
1995: The year I left Warner and went to Sony. The year L got pregnant. The year C went overseas. The year I went to the Film Festival alone. The year of enormous phone bills.
1993 (aged 26)
Resolutions: swim every day (or as often as poss); complete a piece of work every month
1992 (aged 25)
Edinburgh Read 2 articles in Melody Maker - one about the Sugarcubes - grabbing life by the throat, doing crazy things every minute of the day etc; and the other about Ned's Atomic Dustbin touring and getting sick and feeling insane and disconnected and wanting to go home & get a grip on who they were. So sad, because I want to be like a Sugarcube, but I'm really a Ned at heart...
1991 (aged 24)
Sitting at home recovering after being knocked off my bike on Friday afternoon. Bruised and grazed all over but nothing broken. Feeling very sorry for myself.
1988 (aged 21)
Paris Set off to the Gare du Austerlitz so S could allay her fears about the Swiss train. Bought 2 hunks of cheese and 2 bloody great baguettes which got in the way like you wouldn't believe until we ate them... Jardin des Plantes, Left Bank book stalls, Sainte-Chapelle, Eiffel Tower, Sorbonne... Getting tired by now so back to hostel on the Metro.
1987 (aged 20)
Ten days since I last wrote, can't remember a THING. Gave S fish and chips for tea. Took down Chrissie cards.
1986 (aged 19)
Slept vr badly. Breakfast of potato salad and Tim Tams with B & D. Missing P. Why doesn't he ring me?? bastard bastard bastard
1981 (aged 14)
I am at present at loggerheads with Mum. She has finally realised how bloody selfishly lazy I am.
1978 (aged 11)
This morning we went to the dentist. He pulled out my loose tooth and it hurt. There was a horrid man there. Then we went to the Powells. (AFTER LUNCH) Lisette and I drew a huge picture of Nash. (A COUNTRY IN MY HEAD) It looks good. We went to the Pioneer Club and saw some television programs. They were mostly awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0 comments