19.7.12

19th July

2012 (aged 45)
Alice is counting the days till her 11th birthday. She's requested a countdown of her seven favourite meals for "birthday week." Tonight: potato and leek soup with garlic naan.
Very different from Evie who spent the week before her birthday sobbing, 'I don't want to be eight! I want to stay seven forever!"
2001 (aged 34)
Still no sign of movement down below - except that she has engaged and I'm getting the odd Braxton-Hicks twinge. A strange time, waiting, waiting. Every time I get up to go to the loo Mikey sits up in bed: "Are you okay? Is anything happening?" Oh hurry up little one. We want to meet you.
1996 (aged 29)
Nana died on Saturday morning.
Mum and Hilly both sick so it was me and Aunty Lois on either side of the bed all day Friday. The blind hand grasping, grasping for something to hang onto. She kept saying, Mama. Lois: I'll be your mama. Nana: No, you be my daughter. She said quite clearly, pension day yesterday. That made me laugh.
1994 (aged 27)
he wheels above her, unattainable as a comet
comets are only lumps of dirty snow
he didn't know when angels fall that they burn up before they hit the ground
1991( aged 24)
First night in Paris and I am rigid with terror. Absolutely stark staring bonkers with fear.
1990 (aged 23)
Had tea with C, B and B and got a bit thingy when they were all talking about their boyfriends and rode home and cried. Have had vivid and extravagant dreams -- is the oyster soup to blame??
1987 (aged 20)
Told B there was a danger I could fall for D... D thinks I'm still still in love with B, what a joke! What a pathetic little story our lives would make.
1986 (aged 19)
Up unreasonably early, worked. No 'Lawyers Guns & Money' so read the paper. Had horrible lunch. Met family at the Rivoli to see "Hannah and Her Sisters." Home by 1am.
1985 (aged 18)
No one to sit with Legal History -- no S, no J, no John Roskam... Met F, D and A at the Student Union, went in on tram to meet L, then on to the Myer Music Bowl to skate with KD, P and J and E and J. Went to Spaghetti Graffiti for hot chocolates. Can't afford to go out tonight. Feet blistered. Watched telly with PH.
1984 (aged 17)
Economics essay in class "Money supply and monetary policy"
Prepare 2 Latin chapters
Read ahead in Galileo
1983 (aged 16)
Scotch debate - meet in foyer at 2 PM    WE WON
Liberal death (Orchestra Room)
1979 (aged 12)
Basilinka Basiline Basilatka Pereghrone (Perethane) Victrova Vicravia (Valrava)
1978 (aged 11)
After lunch we went to traffic school. I only got a small go on a bike, because I used a wrong hand signal. They didn't have signals in New Guinea. When I get my bike, I must practise a lot! Weather: Sunny
1976 (aged 9)
Eva came. The Seddons came back.We got homework. Had sausages and chips for tea. Yum. At school we played "Dogs."

1 comment:

  1. That last one sounds like it could be your life now, with a little tweaking.

    ReplyDelete

0 comments