31.7.22

Don't Kiss Them Goodbye


What can I say in my own defence? Books about psychics and the paranormal are my junk food, and Allison Dubois' Don't Kiss Them Goodbye is the equivalent of a bag of chips -- enjoyable enough while you're scoffing it down, but of questionable nourishment. Dubois is the real life woman behind the TV series Medium, which I haven't seen, and this is a loose memoir about some of her experiences as a psychic. Is is all true? Who knows. I can't help thinking that there must be some basis in reality for the spookily accurate visions Dubois reports, and which seem to be borne out in more scientific testing (unless the entire book is a tissue of lies).

I must admit I'm susceptible to a desire to believe in something beyond death, whatever form that might take, so I'm easy prey to this kind of account. I'm prepared to accept that I'm not alone in this desire, and perhaps it's this longing that feeds these visions, or messages, or 'communications' from the other side. On the other hand, would I let Dubois give me a reading? You bet I would.

Now my problem is whether to tag this book as fiction or non-fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

0 comments